HOME INSPECTION SERVICES
Inspection Services Available
- Buyer / Seller Residential (1-4) Family Dwelling Home Inspection- A professional Home Inspection gives you an unbiased, independent assessment of the condition of the property you are looking to purchase. With these facts you can make an informed, sound purchase decision. The inspection process usually takes 2 to 3 hours (sometimes longer) depending on the size and condition of the home.
- Pre-Listing Residential Home Inspection– This type of Home Inspection is conducted for those who would like to know more about the condition of their present home. This is excellent for individuals who have been in their home for a number of years and may be worried about hidden safety hazards, defects, needed repairs and maintenance issues. This type of inspection would also be very beneficial for those who have recently purchased their home without a Pre-Purchase Inspection (auction, foreclosed properties, etc) or for sellers who wish to discover existing problems before listing their home. We sometimes offer this type of inspection at a discounted price. Please contact us for more details.
- Final Walk Through Inspection– A walk through inspection with the client prior to final purchase (usually the morning of the closing day) to determine if the negotiated/scheduled repairs were completed. Special discounted rates apply, contact us for more details.
- Partial Inspection– This is an inspection done only on a single or a few specific components of the home. A roof inspection, for example, might fall into this category as would a plumbing inspection. Special discounted rates apply, contact us for more details.
- Rental Inspection– This is geared towards the inspection of a home, condo, townhouse or apartment that is being rented out and the owner would like to know the condition of the property. This is typical when a renter moves out and the owner is not located near the property. This inspection is offered at a discounted rate based upon the complexity of the inspection that is being requested by the owner.
- Insurance Inspection– This is an inspection of a residential property ordered by the insurance company underwriting the homeowner’s policy. This inspection will access the condition of the home and any risks on the property. An insurance company typically orders an insurance inspection in three situations: 1. When the policy is first written, often when the home is purchased. 2. Periodically through the life of the policy when they choose to review and reassess the risks they underwrite. 3. When an insurance inspection reveals a risk the homeowner is allowed to correct, the insurance company will order a re-inspection to confirm the risk was corrected.
- Relocation Inspection– This is an inspection similar to a rental or insurance inspection. Same premise, but the subject property is owned my a company or corporation and their employee is relocating.
- Radon Testing* – This testing can be a stand alone service and is usually performed as part of a typical buyer home inspection.
- Wood Destroying Insect (Termite) Inspection* – This inspection is not part of our standard inspection, but can be added as a separate service.
- Mold Testing* – This inspection is not part of our standard inspection, but can be added as a separate service.
- Oil Tank Testing / Scanning* – This inspection can be a stand alone service and is usually part of a typical buyer home inspection.
- Septic Tank Testing / Scanning* – This inspection is not part of our standard inspection, but can be added as a separate service.
-Services are available 7 days a week and can (schedule permitting) be provided same day.
-We provide nationally recognized, computer generated, narrative inspection reports with digital pictures issued via email usually within 24 hours of the Inspection (sometimes same day).
-We strongly encourage the client to accompany the inspector during the inspection so they can be familiar with the systems of the home and ask any on the spot questions.
-Home inspections on average last anywhere from 2 to 4 hours depending on the size and condition of the home. A thorough and complete home inspection can’t be rushed.
-Complete our inspection request form or call (804) 482-1590 to book your inspection and obtain a competitive quote.
* Please note- Services listed on our homepage such as; Radon, mold, wood destroying insect (termite) Inspection, lead paint and asbestos testing, septic tank testing/scans and oil tank testing/scans are performed by others.